[A/S] factory tour

Went to the factory and took the tour. Interesting. They are doing
six motor homes a week and about 26 trailers a week. They are trying
to get to 8 motorhomes a week and also raise trailer production.
Everything is presold to dealers. It will take some more hiring to
get it done. They renovated a building across the street and are
building the new sprinter there. A van conversion. We also saw the
one and only class C prototype. A one peice fiber glass body. They
think they have it sold with no plans for any more. They are costing
too much to produce. If I understood Don our guide correctly they are
planning to bring back the Land Yacht for 2005. In order to make the
Bambi any shorter, they will have to rivet two end caps together. I
also saw the new CCD. The one I saw had flat black cabinets, a lime
green bath and some burnt orange thrown in for good measure. All that
on top of bare shinny alum interior walls should cause a few night
mares. The flip side is the top of the line Classic 34' with a slide
out. Very nice. They are also putting retro marker lites on the
trailers. Back to the old "teardrops". The customer service dept is
very busy. Saw Wally's "gold" personal trailer. If you get near
Jackson Center, stop and look. I took a lot of pics if anyone is
interested.  The town is only about 3000 people. Arnie