Re: [A/S] POR 15 and Paint,

Many years ago we had a '62 Land Yacht 21' that had been painted
silver/aluminum.  It was a lousy job and was peeling in many places.  Looked terrible - a
peeling elephant, so said our kids.
We decided something had to be done to avoid substantial teenage
embarrassment <grin>
Aluminum refinishing materials were not well developed in those days, so we
opted to paint the Airstream in the style of an Argosy.  The peeling Al paint
was stripped, the base was painted with a zinc-chromate primer, and then finish
coated with an ivory enamel with an Argosy red accent stripe.  It looked
great - much, much better that any Al paint job we had seen previously.  Kept the
Airstream nameplate on the front.  Finally sold it in '86.  Lots of memories
there.