Re: [A/S] Tow vehicle for 28' Classic

My last post threw out some comparisons of the Nissan Titan, Chevy 1500,
1500HD, 2500 and 2500HD.  While it was centered on horsepower, torque, and
maximun trailer weight figures, I did not mention braking capability.  The 4
wheel disc brakes on the 2500HD are good size and don't have a problem
stopping my 31' Excella 500 even when the brake controller is set to it's
lightest setting.  Take a look at the brakes for each vehicle you are
thinking of buying and then take each for a test drive.  I knew I wanted a
3/4 ton for my 31' but was openminded enough to test drive a Ford F250 in
the power stroke diesel and a V-10.  I was disappointed in both.  I then
drove a 6 litre 2500HD and settled on an 8.1 litre 2500HD for more
power/torque and the ultimate dicision breaker was the Allison 5 speed
transmission.  If I could have afforded the Duramax diesel then I would have
purchased it to get better fuel mileage.