Re: [A/S] Ford V10 performance chips

I got my chip over two years ago, as well as, a K&N Filter and Flowmaster
flow thru muffler.

Total gain appears to be :

HP - 49
Torque - 70FP
Mileage - not towing +6   (20 instead of 14)
                     towing flat terraine  +4   (14 instead of 10)
                     towing Colorado Mountains - +4  (6 instead of 4)
I have a 3.73 rear end  - a 4.10 will be better i'm told.

That maty be my next mod.

I drive a 2000 Excursion which tows my 34' Limited great.

Had to run with 91 octane when towing to avoid pinging.  Chip Mfgr will tell
you you need 91 min. to avoid pinging.

When not towing I run 87 unless I'm in the mountains.

Chip was about $390.00 and it took me about  20 minutes to install it.

Blair