Re: [A/S] Re: Vinyl tile as an alternative

Absolutely!  I'm not advocating a saw at all, just how to make it work
if that's what fires your engines.  I've seen a lot of VAT (*) laid on
construction sites in the last 38 years and the pros use a tile cutter
that is essentially a high speed, low drag paper cutter.  Gussied up to
handle really tough stock (including marble chips) but other than that
they are just the same.  Curves are done with a torch to heat the tile
(not pre glued, however, I'm not sure how flame would affect those) and
tin snips and/or a linoleum knife.

Matt

(*) VAT = Vinyl Asbestos Tile.  Even though the asbestos has gone the
way of the dodo bird the name has kind of stuck to refer to any plastic
floor tile.  Go figure.