Re: [A/S] Transmission

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the nice words.... and thanks for asking about the tranny. I don't
think it's good news....

 I'm in Rutland Vermont, where the Ford dealer has a regular service dept and
then a "big truck" dept where they service Internationals.  I went to the
service place at11:30 am and told the guy about my transmission. He said they
could look at it next week.  I said thanks but I'm an RVer and I'd be gone next
week.  So, he said go ask at the big truck service dept. I went and told the
guy the problem and he yelled at me for not servicing the transmission before it
got 74,000 miles on it.  I said, "Yeah but I'm Cute." He said, "Yeah you are,
bring it in at 1:00pm." <g>

So I brought it in for a complete service where they "perform a power flush"
I also had them install a new bigger beefier tranny cooler....and front
brakepads while they were at it.They quoted approx 500.00 for all this ..... when I
paid it was only456.00...which shocked me, I've never had it be less.

Here's the bad news, I probably need a new tranny, but he said I'm not in any
immediate danger of being stranded.  There's a "possibility" that this will
fixit, but not likely. He wants me to tow with it, which I'll do on Friday and
see how it goes. The worst thing was it bucked a bit in reverse. If it does
need a new tranny he recommended the Jasper.  36 month, 75,000 mile warranty. He
said it holds up better than a Ford remanufactured.  They've gotten some
Fords back in, but never a Jasper. The fluid was burned black.  I have no one to
blame but myself for not servicing it. He said if I had serviced it regularly
it would have lasted forever.It's gonna cost me 3,000.00 when it would have
cost me 100.00 at 30 and 60,000.So, I can't say if it worked or not til I tow
tomorrow.

Actually, I think I did have the fluid changed once, but once apparently
wasn't enough.

Hunter