Re: [A/S] tongue weight 28' argosy, center bath...

Jeff,

I'm not sure I'd tow a 28 footer with a Trundra.  The tongue weight should
be 10-15% of the total _Loaded_ weight of the trailer.  On our 26 footer
that comes to between 400 and 500 pounds.  We pull with a 1/2 ton long bed
truck and do not have any problems.  If the Trundra has the power (we have
a HiPO 5.0) and the length than it should tow it.  You won't go up hills
very fast though. Weigh the trailer at a truck scale (truck stop, grain
elevator or the like) and you'll have a idea of what the tongue weight
should be.  Tongue weight can be measured at the same scale or at home with
a bath scale by using a block and board.  The tongue weight will be double
the reading on the scale

ASCII Drawing

              Tongue
Block                 Scale