Re: [A/S] Re: LINGERING INTERIOR ODOR

After 32 years, you would think that the odor from the wall covering
would have dissipated by now. If you finally track it down to the wall
covering being the culprit, you may want to think about painting the
walls vs removing the vylon.

I have used a product called Zinsser Bulls Eye 123 as a primer to paint
plastic and am very satisfied with the results. It is a primer and
sealer, that will adhere to pretty much any surface, including glass. It
is a water based product, so it doesn't have a long lasting paint odor.

Once you have the walls primed and sealed, you now have a whole range of
options as far as paint is concerned. Once you have a good quality paint
on the walls and ceiling for a base, you have the option of changing
your decor down the road, or just refreshing the paint.

No matter how much scrubbing we do, we just can't get the years of
nicotine and build up of what the previous owners had for supper in 1985
off the walls. So we are doing our 25' Sovereign in a Southwestern style
and if we get sick of that (likely chance) we can change it.

I'll be watching to see what you track the cause down to.

regards...
Jim