Hot water heater problem

I just got back from a camping weekend with the hot water heater not
auto-starting. About a month ago it worked every time for our two
week vacation. The tanks are full and I did switch tanks. I purged
the line of any air and find that if my wife pushes the button
inside the trailer I can light it with a match. Its not the little
sparky thing as I can see it sparking like crazy. It seems there
just isn't enough gas being released to ignite. It doesn't seem
like I can move the sparking contacts closer to the gas outlet and
it doesn't seem that there is an adjustment for the gas.

I hate to just take it in and say "fix this thing". Any
suggestions?

Thanks

Ken & Jill Shuck
1993 Sovereign 21'