Re: New 34' suggestions

Tom, last year we traded our '98 31 for a "new old stock" 2000 34.
We have one AC, no oven, a Hensley, and tow it with a 2500 Chevy
diesel truck. First let me say that I think you will love the 34.
There is no down side for us between the 31 and the 34.

The single AC does struggle to keep the trailer cool when its really
hot. Opening all the awnings, pulling the shades and putting the ac
fan on high during the day really helps. Since we have no kids at
home, we don't camp much during the summer but if we did, I would
want the second ac unit. We have two sky lights which are okay when
its cool. If you camp much in the summer, I wouldn't order them.
Even with the shades pulled, I can feel an awfully lot of heat
around them during the day. We also have two Fantastic fans. We use
them a lot.

Mary and I are getting used to the convection microwave. She really
likes having the extra kitchen storage where the oven would go.
We've made biscuits, pies, and other fattening stuff in the
convection. Ours is a Sharp brand that came with a pretty good
cookbook. We haven't boondocked since we got the 34' but we might
have to run the generator a little at mealtime. No big deal.

I can't tell any difference towing except maybe around diesel pumps
because of the extra length. I don't remember what your towing now
but our truck didn't notice the extra weight between the 31 and 34.
We have had a Hensley since '95 when we were towing a 26' Sunline
with a Grand Cherokee. As you know the H word conjures up all kinds
of pro and con discussions. I'll keep it short here and say that I
wouldn't tow without it.

Lee