Re: [A/S] Re: Generator...changing topic to enroute

I have a couple of those devices called Energy Smart.
I bought them at Home Depot.  They allow full power to
pass through during the start up of the motors then as
the appliance runs you hear the motor quiet down as
the power is adjusted to meet the draw.  I run a
refrigerator and a dehumidifer with these.  It's
interesting that the motors actually run cooler than
without the device.

I've seen no degedation in the performance of the
fridge or the dehumidifer.

Jack