Re: [A/S] Digest Number 1658

1.
>From: Jason Youngquist <youngqui@mu.org>
> Subject: Re: GPS Device - WOW!
> And do you use the laptop while you are driving or have a  "co-pilot" that
> does the computer navigating? --Jason<

I am generally the navigator when we are in areas needing a lot of navigating.
My wife is the first one to admit she can't navigate at all.  I'm hoping this
device will be easy enough for her to do some of the navigating.  That way I
can give her a break from driving more often.  She is an excellet driver, however.
Recently she drove the road to Hana (in Maui) back and forth the same day.
Terrible road!  We'd rented a mustang convertible and she was in her glory.  I
got to look at ALL the scenery.
There are voice directions given as you reach checkpoints and turns.  Could be
somewhat useful if one were driving solo as well.

2.
>From: Blair <hitek_airstream@groundcontrol.com>
Subject: Re: GPS Device - WOW!
Jack - What software are you using with your GPS?<

I use Street Atlas USA - 2003 which comes with the device.  There is an install
program that comes with it as well.

Jack
WBCCI 4697