Re: [A/S] broke down truck

Had a transmission fail on the long grade into Flagstaff, AZ a few years
back.  Backed the trailer onto the shoulder of the road, blocked the wheels, set
out "triangles", disconnected, left wife and teen-aged boys in trailer, limped
into Flagstaff (30+ miles), had trans serviced/repaired in about 4 hours,
drove back to trailer, hooked up and went on our way.  Needless to say, this was a
tense time.  Required a lot of faith and trust.

Since then, I've made it a point to tow with a "newer" vehicle.

Now, cell phones, OnStar, and related services simplify summoning aid of
sufficient quantity and capacity to handle both tow vehicle and trailer in almost
any part of  contiguous US.  Also, other RVers are almost always willing to
help, if doing nothing more than to carry a message to the next town.

Hope you have trouble-free travels.

Jim in Colorado