MSRP vs Dealer Cost (Was: Re:[A/S] 1999 28 ft. Excella For Sale)

> BTW, what are the group thoughts about dealer invoice vs "MRSP" for new A/S
> TTs?   I've seen some that post their selling prices at a 10% discount even
> before starting negotiation.  Could they have a 20% or more "padding" for
> MRSP?

Here are some examples:

1. 2004 19' Bambi with a MSRP of $30,598--Cost to dealer from Airstream:
$21,855

2. 2004 30' Classic with MSRP of $59,721--Cost to dealer from Airstream:
$42,657

3. 2003 22' International CCD with MSRP of $40,684--Cost to dealer from
Airstream: $29,060

Add to this the cost of delivery from Jackson Center, about 10 hrs labor for
dealer prep, the dealers cost for funds to finance, salesman commission,
overhead, etc and you can come up with a hypothetical "Dealer Invoice".
Most dealers want a minimum of 5% profit with a goal of 10% on top of the
invoice price.  Sometimes, Airstream will offer dealer incentives which will
in effect lower the cost.

Bob Snyder