Re: [A/S] Jordan brake controller

Lord
takes me back to the early 60s
anyone remember the JC Whitney accelerator locks using the dash mounted
electromagnet box with a cable and a pulley - the pulley mounted on the firewall
or floor and the cable to the accelerator pedal bracket?  the original cruise
control?  basically the same principle, just more electronics in the
electomagnet box - probly a strain measuring device?

essentially, the difference is??  it costs more?

point is, instead of using inertia with all others, or hydraulics as we did back
in the 70s and earlier, we now use an electronic/manual brake sensor?  why don't
they eliminate the cable and just measure current??  I guess because it varies
too much from one make of tow to the next.

fwiw
chas