Re: [A/S] Re: Entrance Door

We are in Mitchell, SD.  Actually we were able to fix this ourselves.  We
called Airstream and they told us that the hinge is attached by bolts, not just
screws, which meant we had to access the bolt from the inside.  We peeled back
the wall covering, cut out a portion of the aluminum with tin snips, which
exposed the interior of the wall.  We removed what insulation we could,  and had
to cut and pull out silicone sealer that was there to hold the nut.  Just
drove the broken part of the bolt through.

We purchased new stainless steel bolts and self locking nuts and installed
them.  The door works better than it ever has.  We have decided that while we
have all the door trim (on the inside) off, we will replace the screws in the
lower hinge as well, just for good measure.

Verna