Re: [A/S] Stick shift for towing?

Me too, I getting too old to jam gears. My last pickup was a manual and
I don't miss it.

As for driving in the mountains or using the transmission to slow you
down, I have been doing that forever in my automatic cars. If you read
the owners manuals for most vehicles with automatics, you will find that
the manufactures even recommend gearing down when descending a long
hill/mountain.

Power is not a problem with a diesel, so you don't notice the effect of
the auto as you would in a smaller gas engine.

It all boils down to personal preferences.

regards...
Jim