Re: [A/S] Stick shift for towing?

I think it depends on the size of your trailer and the strength of your left
leg.  The new Cummins engine should be nice.  I towed a 31' Excella with a
mismatched '92 Chevy Z71 4X4 with 5 sp. manual and 3.42 rear end ratio.  A
3.73 would have been better and 4.10 even better.  I don't want to be
comparing apples to oranges because we are talking about more torque with
the diesel and a different rear end.  I liked the manual in my truck because
it was fun to drive.  My son has the same setup and his truck is fun to
drive also.  When I added that 31' behind me, it added more to be careful
with so I felt that stopping on inclines for lights and stop signs was not
something I wanted to do with a manual.  You need to get input from those
diesel owners who tow regularly with manuals to see what their pros and cons
are.