RE: [A/S] trailers too old to stay at campsites?

Terry,

The only problem with that train of thought is that there are only so
many campgrounds in an area.  If they all refuse "old trailers", then
where do you park?

I bought a 73 in great shape.  I had a gig in Silicon Valley.  The only
campground, that had room, was in Gilmore.  I went down to check them
out and when they found out the age of my trailer, I was told that I
could stay 7 days at one park and then move down the road to another for
7 days and then back to the original on for 7 days.  The county had
determined that trailers older than a 1985 model did not meet code and
could not stay long term.  I never could get anyone to tell me what
"code" was.  Not even the county that passed the law.  That's the
difference between park models and travel models, I guess. Some of the
parks in that area did not allow oldies to park there for any length of
time, period.  No tickee, no washee. Too oldee?  No parkee!

No matter how many thousands of trailer parks in the country that accept
older models, it doesn't do much good if they are not in the area you
need to be.  And, it will matter to you at 11pm in really bad weather or
some other emergency.

Lefty Frizzell
http://home.earthlink.net/~leftyfrizzell