[A/S] Re: That Pesky Water Filter

Hunter:
You weren't very specific as to where the water was coming form.
let me try a few guesses:
1) If you connected it with rigid pipe and didn't support the filter
you may have cracked the head when traveling, that is assuming that
it is some type of plastic.
2) I bought a plastic water filter in Rapid City for external
mounting and bought brass adapters to screw in,no matter how much
teflon tape I use I have not been able to stop the threads from
dripping,not Niagra Falls though.
3) Where the canister screws into the head there should be an "O"
ring.  Because this is a large diameter they have to be pretty tight
to seal the "O" ring.  The "O" ring can be out of place but if you
never removed the cannister that should not be the case.

I don't know if this is of any help.

Lauren