[A/S] Airstream prices; Florida vs other places?

I will be moving to the Miami area from my home in Portland Oregon.

At some point I want to buy a smaller used 1960-1980's Airstream.  Some
used trailer dealers in the Portland Oregon area tell me that because
Florida is such a hot spot for folks traveling in trailers and RV's, that
the price of buying one in the Miami area would be much more than what I
would pay if I bought one here locally in the Pacific North West (Oregon,
Washington).

I am not keen on the idea of towing a trailer, for the first time, on a
long 8 or 9 day run from Portland Oregon to Miami Florida.  But I don't
want to get to Miami and find that all the used  Airstreams are priced out
of my pocketbook.

Anyone have a feel for market pricing on used Airstreams and could give me
some feedback on this?  I would prefer to move to the Miami area
(Homestead, actually), then buy a trailer in Florida.  Then I can take it
on short shake-down trips for a few days at a time just to get all the bugs
worked out.

Will I pay a perineum for just buying one in that area as opposed to where
I live?

jack in Portland Oregon (for the next 3 or 4 months anyway).