[A/S] Re: Replacement glass

Bob:
I have a 1959 Tradwind with "Hall Mark 12 Hehr" windows, slightly
different than yours, see:
http://www.vintageairstream.com/archives1/59Tradewind/59Tradewind.html

I had to replace a pane once, I took the window only to an automotive
glass shop. By bringing them the window only they weren't intimidated
by it being from an Airstream.   The pane was glued in with the same
adhesive that car windshiels are glued in with.   A "pain" to get out
but the same procedure as removing a car windshield.  We had to reuse
the rubber on the outside but it is only for looks, the glue makes it
water tight.  I helped the shop do it so I saw the whole procedure,
no big deal.  We replaced it with plate glass,if it was a motor home
(occupied vehicle) the would have had to use safety glass.
They were not intimidated by the job.

Lauren WBCCI # 7532