[A/S] My first Airstream!

Hello, I just bought my first Airstream!  A 1986 Sovereign. I own a
small parcel of vacant land in the Sierra Nevada foothills (So. Cal),
I plan on leaving it there as a semi-permanent weekend getway. After
researching the cost of building a cabin, the beautiful Airstream is
a no brainer! I have several questions about the theory of using an
Airstream in a permanent manner - not in a trailer park.

My water well is in the process of being dug as we speak. And
Electricty is in the works (these are some costly items!!!) I'm not
certain what to do about the sewage. I know will need a real septic
tank built on the land, but I'm not sure if it is possible, or even
legal to create a septic tank that allows a permanent drainage from a
travel trailer. Has anyone here have any experience with this issue?

Also, the electricty is not yet on the land. It might take another
year to scrape the $ ($100 a foot!!) I was thinking I could use the
batteries, and recharge them every morning with a portable gas
generator. Is this insane? I can do without using A/C and appliances.

Can anyone share their experiences with using an Airstream on vacant
land, I would like to know what I'm up against.

Thanks everyone, I love my Airstream! -Dana