RE: [A/S] AGM Batteries

Yes.
I think you will find that AGM batteries will out perform any liquid
filled battery on any of the technical measurement - except price. They
are much more expensive to purchase (about 3 times as much), but the
longer life will offset some or all the upfront cost. The piece of mind
and no hassle maintenance makes up the rest.
I have tow deep cycle AGM batteries (Optima brand) in my 34' Limited. I
have a 50 watt solar panel to keep them charged when in storage for
extended periods. They have been working great for 3 years now, and I
expect them to last for at least another three years. I also have two
AGM batteries on my boat (Lifeline brand). The boat sets in storage for
extended periods, while I am Airstreaming, and the AGM batteries have
worked extremely well for the first two years. I always replaced my
liquid filled batteries after two years before I went with the AGM
batteries. Jump starts cost lots of money when you are 20 or 30 miles
off shore. I cranked both 175 HP engines about a week ago for the second
time sense September, and the batteries preformed like they had just got
a full charge the day before. They in fact had not received a shore
based charge sense March of last year, and had only received about a 20
minute charge by the engines in November sense that time.

Joe Scudder
WBCCI 8624