Re: [A/S] airstream and rust

There's a company in Fort Worth named Southwestern
Petroleum that sells a rust preventative that exceeds
Rustoleum by far.  They don't (or didn't) sell through
stores, but if you can find a salesperson (they sell
to industry and contractors) you should get a sample
and try it.

I used some on a tank that was already  rusted, just
hit it with a wire brush and then coated it, didn't
get around to painting over it for a few years and it
held up through new england weather.  As I recall, it
had some kind of fibers in it that kept you from using
it in a sprayer, but it went on real easy with a
brush.

I've heard of auto painters who use it for primer on
expensive vehicles and swear by it.

It should be ideal  for the frame of an Airstream.

Note that I am not connected with the company in any
way and would not profit by your trying the product.

Dan/NC