[A/S] Hard uncomfortable bed (was thousand questions)

Hi Ya'll;

I have an inexpensive tip on temporary (or not so temporary)
renovation of overly hard, old, uncomfortable foam mattresses in
trailers.  I have successfully done this in several trailers, and
have not purchased new mattresses to date, as it was rather less
expensive than mattresses.

Go to Wally World (Walmart) and purchase a piece of waffle foam to
fit the mattress, (or if twins, then a piece that can be cut to fit
both mattresses) and an inexpensive fibrefilled coverlet for a king
sized bed, or two for doubles if you have twins.  Wrap the coverlet
around the foam, to form a pad the same size as your mattress, and
loosely stitch the thing together with heavy thread, or light twine.
Place this on top of the mattress, and cover with a fitted sheet and
there you have it.  A pillow top mattress for about twenty bucks, or
a bit more in the case of a larger mattress.  If you wish to have
more pillow, then buy a piece of two or even three inch soft foam
instead of the waffle foam and you will have a softer pillow.  Us
older folks no longer need the flat hard mattress for formation of
good healthy bodies which were recommended in our past days.  My
chiropractor nephew says that a good firm foundation, enhanced with a
fairly thick pillow top is best for older persons in order to avoid
sensitised local points which can be irritating and awaken people who
no longer sleep the sleep of the just. (That is a meant in a humorous
way)  I hope others have as good a result from this as I have had.

Tom
North Bay, Ontario