[A/S] Re: Brakes on a '63 Safari

Shawn:
I have a 1959 Tradewind which came with hydraulic brakes.  I talked
to the Airstream dealer in London Ontario who said that he has never
seen hydraulic brakes on a A/S.
Your trailer should have electric brakes.   Look under the trailer
and you will be able to see the brake drums.  Drums with electric
brakes have two wires coming out of the top of the backing plates
(behind the drums).   There is nothing wrong with electric brakes if
they are properly set up and maintained.
If this unit has not been used for some time or you just purchased it
the first thing that needs to be checked is the bearings and brakes,
also the tires. You don't want to start towing a trailer with rotten
rubber.

Lauren WBCCI #7532  VAC