Re: [A/S] swingup antenna

A guy in North Carolina makes a variety of ham radio mobile antennas and
accessories. I have seen his stuff at several Hamfests and ALMOST bought
his motorized gadget that could be riveted to the top horizontal AS roof
surface and would then swing a typical antenna from horizontal (for travel)
to vertical (for use) by remote control.

His products appear to be extremely well made. Only thing that kept me from
buying the swing-up gadget was its cost of about $250, which was hard to
justify for something I "sort of" wanted but didn't really need.

He has a web site at:

http://www.tarheelantennas.com/

The swing-up platform gadget is shown up in photo:

http://www.tarheelantennas.com/DSC00413.JPG

And:

http://www.tarheelantennas.com/DSC00411.JPG

It is folded down for travel in photo:

http://www.tarheelantennas.com/DSC00407.JPG

You run wires up to it and switch the 12V to make it go up/down. It has
limit switches and uses one of those TV satellite dish positioner 12V
motors. Not sure what he calls it and I don't see it listed on the order
page, but he was actually selling them at Shelby NC in September.

Note this is only a complete positioner system - the antenna stuff is not
included.

Jerry W4UK