Re: [A/S] Re: Trailer Covers

Hi, All,

I've been looking for some time for a good but reasonable shelter for our
beloved 31' A/S. The local Eagle-now Lowe's store had some brochures on
commercial metal shelters but the size I would need (approx 14' X 14' X 32')
would have cost $8000 or more.

While driving down I-5 near Medford, OR, I saw a small RV shelter with a big
ad on it. To make a long story short, I ended up with one, exactly like I
wanted and it cost $2600. Not cheap but reasonable and a quality job. It was
put up by a local man who does it in his spare time. It looks good, does the
job and allows air flow around the rig while still protecting it from rain,
hail, acorns, etc. (It rests on a simple bed of 1/2" minus rock I put down.)
I put a photo of it on the A/S Yahoo site (photo #81, "Airstream Shelter.)

Doug Kirkpatrick
Medford, OR