[A/S] Re: Airstreaming with an 18 month old baby

Hi Nick

Both of our girls started traveling at just a few months old.  It is
so convienent with the Airstream I don't really know how people
travel with small kids without one.  We always could warm up a bottle
and keep food in the fridge etc.  One year when the girls were about
4 & 7 we wound up driving home from Florida without the trailer at
one exit we were in no less than 6 establishments before my wife
found a bathroom clean enough to use.

If you get them started traveling early it seems to become something
they look forward to every year and so far we have not had any
resistance to going on trips.

We used a fisher price folding crib/playpen.  We would set it up on
the rear bed in the evening and then just move it out to the front
when we went to bed.  As the kids got older we would put them to bed
in our bed and then I would move them to the sofa when we went to
bed.

If I was did not use a different unit all the time I would have put
in bunk beds but I don't find them all that necessary.  We have one
customer with 6 kids from 1/10 years that travel for 2 months each
year in their 34', they have bunks.

Andy