Re: [A/S] EU2000i paralleling

Tom,
  It looks to me like it should work to run your A/C. Apparently (I say
"apparently" because I don't have first-hand experience with the Honda),
the inverter-type Hondas will automatically protect themselves when
making the parallel connection. This setup is probably better than the
Honda scheme, as it allows an equal draw from each genset instead of
forcing the entire load through the outlet of one, with half the load
going through the paralleling cables. It appears as though the Honda
cables simply tie the outputs together, or this method shown in the pics
wouldn't work.

There's nothing magic about a 30-amp receptacle; a regular 20-amp
household outlet will run an A/C if the receptacle is wired properly and
the distances aren't too long. I've run my A/C on a 50' #12 extension
cord that was plugged into a good 20-amp outlet. The voltage stays well
above 110 according to the meter that I added to my control panel.

                                   <<Jim>>