Re: [A/S] Catalytic Heaters - Who Wins?

I have 2 cat heaters in my 85 Silver Streak plus the furnace. One of
the cat's is a Platinum Cat. #2000,I think,but is at deer lease so I
can't check. It is wall hung, has a thermostat on the wall and is
vented to the outside just like a furnace,12v fan that sends the
fumes out of the vent. I can set the thermostat say to 70 and it
will cycle on & off. It produces a nice glow from the pad and direct
heat. We do leave a max air vent open at night. The cat's seem to
use way less LP and battery than the furnace. It also has a pizo
lighter so just turn on and set the thermostat.

Jim
"85" Silver Streak