[A/S] Re: Parking A/S over the winter

The antifreeze didn't get into the tank!  These metal valves don't go
into the tank... which as you state is unpressurized on the input of
the pump.  The metal drain valves go to the pressurized water lines
that come from the output of the pump... and supposedly they go to
the lowest point in the pressurized cold and hot water lines, so if
these metal drain valves are open ...AND... all the faucets, shower
head, toilet valve, toilet spray nozzle valve are open so air can
come in them to replace the water... all the water in all the
pressurized lines theoretically will drain out these metal drains via
gravity.  I'd definitely hold the shower head as high as it will go
to make sure no water gets caught in a U loop... same with toilet and
sink sprayer hoses.

Then you close the metal valves and use compressed air if you're
going to, or start pumping antifreeze from the input of the pump
until you see it running out each faucet, spray head, in the toilet,
etc.  What you're doing with all this has nothing to do with the
tanks.

Now... if you want to drain the tanks, pull up to the dump station
and pull the curbside trailer wheels up on short blocks to make sure
the tanks slope to the streetside.  Dump the black water tank, rinse
it with a garden (not drinking) hose connected to the tank wash
connection, give that plenty of time to drain, then close its valve
and open the grey water valve and give it plenty of time to drain.

Pull to wherever you're going to drain the freshwater tank, and use
the blocks on streetside wheels again.  Use the 1/4 turn plastic
valve to drain the fresh water tank.

When emptying the tanks, I loosen the hitch spring bars so the front
of the trailer can sag low, then raise the tongue jack way up slowly
and let it back down again slowly to "rock" each tank fore and aft as
I'm draining it to get as much water as possible to the drain.

All this may seem anal to some of the experienced owners here, but
I'm being pretty cautious.

--
Maurice
WBCCI 5446