[A/S] new member, has the squishy floor blue

   Hello Airstream list,
   My name is Richard Paul and I am in Charlotte, NC. I currently have a 77
31' International. Unfortunately I also have a bad case of squishy floors
and some rusty frame too. Working in the back right now. Have the last 8
feet of the floor out. The rear board was all rotten back where the water
gets in above the hose compartment. Unfortunately the water also got
underneath and sat in the belly and insulation, rusting the frame. I pulled
2 rear sheets of plywood out and am going to replace the last 6' of the
frame. I am also going to replace the rear floor bow. That is the aluminum
channel at the bottom of the body in the back. I found that Airstream
realized how bad the design was about water getting into the rear floor. The
new part has an aluminum channel that the plywood fits into (like the side
floor level extrusions). This will keep the water out of the floor. I also
plan to paint the marine grade plywood before I put it in.
   If anyone has any ideas or suggestions that would help, please let me
know.
Also, anybody out there in Charlotte?
   Thanks,
   Richard