Re: [A/S] Parking A/S over winter

no, that experience came from living in Lubbock.  that is on the South end of
the High Plains and it often gets down to single digits and stays there for a
week.  and I saw below zero many times growing up there.
shoot, our water lines are buried 4 feet deep there so that is some slight
indication as to how cold it gets.

anyway, if you blow all the water out of the lines and water heater (start with
the front faucets and work back, water heater is the last thing (drain the tanks
first of course)) you will have very little if any water in any of the lines and
likely only a gallon or two in each tank.

antifreeze was basically unheard of before the 1980s I believe.  if you do the
job right in blowing out the lines, you will have no problems.

fwiw
chas