Re: [A/S] Rust paint for trailer

can it be painted over?  with a couple of suburbans which fall into the 82-92
era lead free paints which means that they peeled off like nobody's business
even with three paint jobs in 10 yrs,  I am looking for something that will
resist peeling and yet, can be painted blue or black or whatever color the
vehicle is already painted.. the real problems are the hood and roof.
upper surfaces of fenders, doors, etc also are bleached and peeled.

just do not think my wife would drive a burb with a silver hood.!!!  talk about
bright down here in south TEXAS!!!

thanks
chas