[A/S] Rust Remover/POR15

To all of the Jim's anyone else interested,

Several things I've learned about POR15:
If you plan on painting over POR15 with something else make sure you spray
some form of primer on the tacky POR15 before it dries. This method works
the best and doesn't effect the POR15. It gives a key for the next coat to
stick to.  POR15 flows really well and will dry smooth with no visible brush
strokes. If you try to paint over it after it dries you must sand before the
next coat. If you don't, it'll peel.
POR15 is susceptible to UV rays. It doesn't break down however it does go
"chalky". I'm using it on the chassis of my 57 Sovereign of the Road without
another coat of something else. I will use spray primer on the exposed
tongue areas.
Make sure you purchase the thinner that they offer. This stuff doesn't come
off skin without it. The skin will come off first!
Always pour off the amount you need into a separate container and paint from
there. Never pour any of the paint back into the POR15 can after it has come
in contact with your brush. Apparently the iron oxide particles are the
catalyst and will cause your half full can to solidify on the shelf over
time. I usually punch two holes in the lid of the can and screw self tapping
screws in as caps.
I painted a complete flat bed car trailer frame with 3/4 of a quart. It
covers really well if you strrrretch it out.
Good luck with it guys,
Colin Hyde