Re: [A/S]

What year/model is you trailer? If the airconditioner is being replaced with
the same/similar model, it should not be too difficult (actually, even a
different model shouldn't be all that 'different')... with a couple of
important cautions:
a) If the original a/c was a factory installation, there should be
sufficient support for the a/c; not necessarily true if your trailer is an
older unit and the a/c was installed by someone other than a qualified
service technician.
b) What type of 'drip-pan' was/will be used?

Removing the old a/c is not that difficult - the a/c is generally held in
place by the 'clamping' action between the upper and lower parts of the a/c
assembly. Carefully remove any screws/rivets in the flange(s) and pick out
as much of the old caulking as possible before trying to pry the a/c loose.

The advantage of having a qualified Airstream shop do the swap is, of
course, the warranty on the repairs. I'm sure we all can describe instances
where 'doing it yourself' turned out to be a false economy...

Tuna