Re: [A/S] Re: vintage Dodge Truck

I would also pick a really heavy duty old truck or a modernized vehicle if I
was going to tow with an antique.

Remember, in the 1950's early 1960's, the present interstate system with its
70 to 75 mile per hour speed limits  wasn't fully developed.  Cars (and
trucks) just didn't handle as good as today's and people didn't cruise at 75
to 85 MPH and higher like some people do today just going to work.

Watch the "Long, Long Trailer".  I think their top speed was 35 MPH.

Many antique tow vehicles just won't safely tow at today's higher speeds.
I'm sure there are exceptions, though.

My 2 cents.

David Reilly

1953 Overlander