Re: [A/S] Still More on AC Drain Pans

Jim,

The story I've gotten for these many years is that Airstream started equipping
their coaches for air conditioners in 1962. This included reinforcing structure,
electrical and the now famous drain line. The drain outlet comes out forward
of the roadside front axle.  The Armstrongs were made specifically for
Airstream and the drain pan was integral to the AC. In the early 80's (I
believe) Airstream started using a Coleman TSR series. The Coleman was a monster
compared to these days. It even had the ability to circulate outside air into
the coach. Airstream made their first collector pan for this unit. When they
changed to the Dometic Penquin series they made their second collector pan. I
have only ever been seen listings for those two AC units.

Charlie