Re: [A/S] Re: paralleling EU-2000s

I would be very surprised if a plain old Y cable would suffice.  If the two
inverters ( the EUs are actually DC generators with electronic inverters to
make the AC happen) are not synchronised, each will see the other as a load.
Depending on how far out of sync they are, each could see the other as a dead
short.  This is what is commonly referred to in the trade as a "smoke generator".
At close to 900 bucks apiece, I can't see that being as cheap as a night at
the opera.

> HOWEVER... if you make one with standard plugs and one of the
> plugs comes out, the prongs are hot and could electrocute
> anyone that touched them.  As I understand it, the Honda
> interconnect cable has covered banana pins that plug into the
> generators.  Unfortunately, the common plug isn't a standard
> 30A 120V RV plug, so you also need to buy an adapter pigtail
> in addition to the $200 cable.  That's the route I'd go, even
> though it's more expensive.

May be a limited, low volume market, but the $200 odd dollars sounds like
cheap insurance to me too.

Matt
--
Pam, Matt and Darrell Worner