Re: [A/S] Honda EU300is on Bambi

Hunter, the EU3000is with case and mount add 170 lbs to the tongue
weight.   The Blue Ox w.d. hitch has been set to accomodate that
change.

I put in a Magnetek ATC-30 automatic transfer switch, so that the
genset will cut over to supply the 120 VAC power after being on-line
about 20 seconds; otherwise, the source is the shore power (if any.)

I ran a new wire from the ATC-30 to the Genset within the Bambi,
coming out through the penetrator in the front, so it's hard-wired,
except for the NEMA L5-30A twist-lok plug to the genset.

Sorry, that's a one-off cover, however, I have stored the drawings
and fabrication list for this enclosure should anyone be interested.
The stainless sheet is cut, bent on a sheet-metal brake, and spot-
welded to stainless channel underneath the cover to provide rigidity
and mounting tabs for the front cover.

To mount the genset, I moved the dual 30lb propane tanks forward, and
that necessitated some modifications to the tank tray.  While I was
there, I added an electric jack.   The electric jack, along with the
Blue Ox WD hitch, enable fast, nearly effortless hookup and drops,
typically under two minutes from start to last safety chain.  A far
cry from the old spring bar wrestling.

Marshall
walrus@pobox.com