Re: [A/S] Honda generator revisited

One thing to consider with microwave ovens... they consume about 150%
of their rated power... i.e. if you could still find one, a 600W MW
consumes about 900W when the magnetron is powered (it switches on and
off in cycles), which is the max continuous of the EU1000... and the
1000W 1.1 cu ft Dometic MW in my late model A/S needs 1500W (12.5A)
according to specs... pretty near the max continous for the EU2000
(1600W/13.3A).

Back to the original question of air-conditioning... according to the
manual, the Penguin fan and compressor run a bit over 15 amps or 1800
watts _continuous_ and can probably do twice that on startup.  Even
though the total of Dometic MW and AC is about equal to the
continuous output of the E3000 (2800W/23.3A), there isn't as much
margin to peak (200W) as there is with the E2000 models (400W).  I
know there are a few folks running MW and AC on a 3000, but I'd feel
a lot more comfortable running a pair of 2000s at 2800-3200W
continuous with 800-1200W margin to peak.

Finally, when 110V is hooked up, the converter/battery charger is
drawing off the generator.  How much depends on the 12V load and the
condition of the batteries.

--
Maurice