[A/S] Rope Lighting (was: Daisy's LED lighting)

I use rope lighting in my home bar and like the way it looks...
especially behind the bottles.  So I've been thinking of using it in
the trailer, with a dimmer, for indirect lighting on top of the
lounge valences and overhead cabinet (about 20' total), and found
this picture of it in a boat:

http://www.northwood-marine.com/images/HB_Helm_1.jpg

It would take $1400 to do it 1" OC with LEDs, and 10 amps to do it
with 12V, so I think I'll stick to the 110V rope and just use it with
shore power.

Sure would be nice to have a couple of those low-heat/low-amp LED
strips on the inside the shallow credenza part to light up the
bottles though!  Could even wire in switches that turn them on when
the doors open.

I really like the thin little down-firing halogens A/S puts in the
overhead cabinets over the bed and couch.  Nice for reading. The 4.5"
36 LED saucer looks like it might work for that.
--
Maurice
WBCCI 5446