Re: [A/S] Digest Number 1221

"owners of Airstream motor homes, Argosy's, Squarestreams, were originally not
allowed membership in WBCCI."

Hello again Y'all,
As I mentioned the other day, I bought a new 1978 Argosy in 1980 which had remained
unsold in the dealers inventory for over 2 years. I paid 6200 dollars for it, which
at the time was twice the price of many other brands and equal to the price of a brand
new Chevy back then. When I returned to the campground where it was set up full time,
a couple of Airstream owners came by to see my new Argosy. One of them mentioned that
I should join the WBCCI, I filled out my paperwork and sent in my check. A few weeks
later I received my check returned with VOID written across it and a curt note telling
me that Argosy owners were not accepted into the club. Not being accustomed to being
told NO, I was furious. For more than 20 years I have viewed the numbers that so many
seem so proud to display, with TOTAL disdain. To me it was a slap in the face. When
the day comes that I am able to find another Argosy or Airstream, I can assure you that
the LAST thing that I would install would be WBCCI numbers... unless of course HUNTER
was the President!
On another subject, I have been following the various Airstream forums, and pursuing
the purchase of one with a degree of vigor for nearly a year now. It puzzles me that
there are quite a few folks out there who own more than just one! Why don't some of the
folks who own several Airstreams come off of one or two so that others can have a chance
to own one too... without having to mortgage the ranch to get a new one. Or is the idea
of finding an affordable used Airstream / Argosy, just an impossible dream.

Craig in San Diego