RE: [A/S] 2001 34' Limited

Maurice,
I forgot to mention I ended up exchanging my bar for a 2" less drop than
the one supplied by Hensley on my original order. The rig towed OK with
the one supplied, but the spring bars were very close to the ground, and
the front of the trailer was slightly lower than the back. I decided to
try the 2" less drop bar, and the trailer ended up 1/8' different from
front to back. I now have plenty of ground clearance at the spring bars.
Of note, my 34' FK drops the back of my 3/4 ton truck between 3" and 4"
when I drop in on the truck hitch before bringing up the spring bar
jacks. I have found it makes un-hitching easier if I raise the back
bumper of the truck about 4" with the trailer jack before starting the
un-hitching process. I learned this trick when I couldn't get the hitch
to separate the first time I tried to un-hitch. I think the new hitch
has so much paint on all the parts that it was just stuck together. I
spent a very frustrating 30 minutes trying to get separated the first
try. I raised and lowered the back of the truck and could drag 4 of the
6 wheels on the trailer (the ones with the between the wheel locking
chocks), or spin the wheels on the truck to no avail. I finally had Mary
get in the truck and put it in gear with a small amount of throttle, and
banged on the hitch with a hammer - presto it popped free. I lubed the
inside of the hitch box with spray silicone, always raise the truck
bumper about 4" with the trailer jack, and have never had the problem
sense.

Joe and Mary Scudder
WBCCI 8624 (the correct WBCCI number - I noticed I hit a 3 instead of a
4 on the last post)