RE: [A/S] 2001 34' Limited

Maurice, Here is my shot at answering your questions, sense I have a
199834' Limited FK and a Hensley.
-
I'm trying to order a Hensley Arrow before I take delivery of the
trailer.

You won't be sorry about this order!!!!!

aQuestion 11 asks about the number of inches to the top of the trailer
coupler (I assume they mean the inside, i.e. the top of the ball)
when the trailer is level.  Airstream specs say this is 18-3/4".  Has
anyone measured this, and what did you find?

That is a good number.

Question 12 asks what type coupler the trailer has.  From the
pictures I've taken, it looks to me to be Hensley's "Type A".  Can
anyone with a late-model 34' confirm this?

"A" is correct

Finally, I'm a bit concerned about some (actually quite a few)
states' max length of 60'.  Will the longer Hensley hitch and tongue
of the 34' (actually 34'10" according to A/S) put the rig over 60'
with a 21' truck (F250SD SuperCab/Long Bed)?

I have a GMC 2000 2500 Extended cab short box 6L Gas and my 34' ,
Hensley, and truck is 55' long. Your truck is not 5' longer than mine
for sure, I think it is 3' longer in the same thing from GMC.

Please add a Jordan Ultima 2020 break controller to your rig to round
out a very sweet towing setup. I started out with a pendulum type and
hated the way it stopped the rig. I switch to the Ultima 2020, and have
not had to make an adjustment sense. I have towed mine from Florida to
Maine, and from New Mexico to Alaska, and through most states in between
with no real problems at all. I was stuck one time in a campground in
Alaska and ran a big piece of a gate latch through a tire in North
Carolina as a total of all problems in towing over 30,000 miles with my
rig.

Happy Airstreaming,

Joe and Mary Scudder
WBCCI 8623