[A/S] A long hot weekend

I am cooling down now after a long, hot weekend working on the 25'
Sovereign.

As a long-time veteran of do-it-yourself projects, I am perfectly
aware of how one thing can lead to another.  But even so, this one is
breaking new ground.

All I wanted to do, really, was replace the carpet with a Pergo type
floor, rework the kitchen counter, and upholster the sofa bed.  But,
you know, the front credenza is really not all that convenient, so it
would be nice to build a new cabinet and folding table.  Need to do
that first, before the floor goes down.  Same for the bedroom
cabinet.  I was not going to do the bedroom yet but, as my plan
called for new dimensions its got to be done before the new floor
goes in.  And once the carpet is out, all the suspect areas in the
floor need some Rot Doctor treatment.  And now would be the time to
clean out the furnace.  And there is no way sheet vinyl is going to
go down on that crummy plywood under the toilet.  And wood front
sliding drawers would look much nicer, and be more useful than those
upholstered false fronts under the sofa.  And when it rains there is
a small trickle of water running down the wall behind the kitchen
cabinet.  And who was the moron who used silcone caulk on the
window?  And the door doesn't leak, but it sure looks like it ought
to.  Must be 20 pounds of Vulkem on here.  And the pexiglass in the
light over the door is broken, take just a minute to fix that.
And....

As of 6:00 pm the destruction has ended and assembly begun.  There is
new linoleum in the bath, but new access panels are going to be
constructed - the factory panels make no sense to me at all.  The
furnace is back in, as is a mud-dauber screen.  Enormous quantities
of Vulkem are in the trash, and much smaller quantities of Parr Bond
and Sikaflex are in place.  A supply of oak lumber and plywood is in
place ready for cabinet making.  The sofa goes to the upholstery shop
tomorrow.

There is no point to this post, no moral.  Except that many of you
are out there in similar situations and I thought I'd let you know
that you are not alone.

Mark