[A/S] Re: value of 1981 motorhome

Cracks in 454 manifolds are common, but $1500 to replace is a
huge ripoff. You could have the whole exhaust replaced for half
that, custom bent, 3" tube, and headers. If the engine has very
low miles it is even possible the manifolds weren't properly
torqued and the gasket is shot.

Operate everything in the motor home, water, electric,
refrigerator, AC, etc. If it has basically sat for 3 years, that could
be the worse thing to happen. Was it winterized? I would ask her
if I could stay in it for a couple of hours, run everything, use
everything, look every where. There is a lot there, a lot to look at,
a lot to go wrong. The demand for these is fairly high, and the
supply is limited, they go fast once the word gets out.

John