Re: [A/S] direct from A/S factory purchase?

Hi Tom,

You have to go through a dealer to order an A/S. BUT, when you do you
can customize it by specifying what options you want, like having wood
flooring instead of carpet. I called every dealer east of the
Mississippi and told them what I wanted. You can't believe the range of
prices for the same layout!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone of them was polite and
tried hard to get my business but price won out. Some called me back
with even lower prices! I did this because I was willing to drive
wherever I had to to pick it up. (no dealers on Long Island) I did
decide that I didn't want the carpeting but it was too late. They
install it first and put everything on top of it. (carpet is even in the
outside storage compartments) I ended up paying almost 10,000 less than
the list price from the factory! Pays to shop around!

Patti